COVID-19 Protocol updated December 18, 2021*
Kirkfield Westwood Community Centre & Keith Bodley Arena are committed to ensuring a safe experience for everyone in our facility, from participants to staff, volunteers and guests. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to meet the requirements mandated by the most recent Manitoba Public Health Orders.
Masks: The current Manitoba Public Health orders state that all guests and participants are required to wear masks while in the facility at this time (not required by participants, coaches, instructors during physical activity while on the ice or in the hall/gym). Guests unable to wear an approved mask that do not have a medical exemption will not be admitted to KWCC/KB.
Proof of Vaccine Requirement – 18 or older: This vaccination requirement applies to all parents, coaches, referees, officials, instructors, and spectators 18 years of age or older with no exceptions. Individuals will be required to show proof of full immunization (2 doses of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine received at least 2 weeks prior to the date of visit to KWCC/KB) and government issued ID to enter KWCC/KB.
Government-issued ID and the following documents are considered proof of immunization in Manitoba:
- Manitoba Immunization Card or QR code
- National Defense Canada COVID-19 Vaccine Card/Record;
- Canada Public Health Association (CPHA) Travel Vaccination Record;
- An official document issued within a Canadian province or territorycontaining information of a person’s COVID-19 vaccination history
- It is recommended all out of province Canadian guests utilize the Pan-Canadian Proof of Vaccination QR code;
- International travelers immunization documentation submitted to Canadian border service officials and government-issued photo identification that confirms citizenship.
Acceptable forms of government issued photo identification for those 18 or older include: driver’s license, passport, status card or identification card (other forms of government-issued identification such as birth certificate, health card, citizenship or permanent resident card are also acceptable).
Proof of Vaccine Requirement 12 - 17 years old: Effective December 6, 2021, Participants between the ages of 12-17 are able to enter the facility without a parent or guardian to take part in sport related activities if they provide proof of either one dose of Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine or proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid test within the previous 72 hours that is confirmed by a pharmacist and approved ID.
Acceptable forms of identification for 12-17 year olds are: School ID card, Driver’s License, Passport, citizenship or permanent resident card, Status card, Health card, Birth Certificate (ID can be provided in physical form, photocopy or screenshot).
Full details on the proof of vaccine requirement for 12 – 17 year olds is at: https://manitoba.ca/covid19/testing/testing-youth-indoor-sports.html#scope
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a fully immunized caregiver who is 18 years of age or older. Participants under the age of 12 who cannot be accompanied by a parent or guardian will be the responsibility of their individual coach, team manager or instructor while in the facility.
KWCC/KB volunteers and employees do not have any access to your medical records and will be unable to resolve any errors or disputes.
Arrival Time & Capacity Limitations:
- Participants, coaches, referees, officials, instructors, and spectators will not be able to enter KWCC/KB until thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of their scheduled event and are asked to vacate the premises twenty (20) minutes after the scheduled event has concluded.
- Limit of two (2) spectators per participant in the arena to help us meet all provincial guidelines.
(50% capacity limits apply to Mulvenna Hall / Gym (50), Boardroom (15) and Mezzanine (4).
- Please do not congregate in the common areas, the lobby or by the entrances and exits.
- To eliminate congestion, proceed directly to the parking lot and your vehicle to wait for your child to exit
(unless they require special assistance).
- When entering KWCC/KB, please continue to exercise social distancing of 2 meters whenever possible and proceed directly to the designated location in the building that applies to you.
General info related to this update:
- Participants can use the washrooms located in their assigned dressing rooms (including showers).
- Water/drink fountains remain out of service throughout the facility.
- There is a zero-tolerance policy regarding spitting in effect at all times.
- KWCC/KB staff will continue to sanitize the high traffic and high touch areas of the building.
- Please do not enter KWCC/KB if you are experiencing any Covid-19 related symptoms.
Thank you for your cooperation.
*KWCC/KB will continue to evaluate facility operation based on future updates from governing bodies.