KWCC COVID-19 Protocols - updated September 9, 2021
Kirkfield Westwood Community Centre & Keith Bodley Arena are committed to ensuring a safe experience for everyone in our facility, from participants to staff, volunteers and guests. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to meet the requirements mandated by the most recent Manitoba Public Health Orders.
Masks: The current Manitoba Public Health orders state that all guests and participants are required to wear masks while in the facility at this time (not required by participants, coaches, instructors during physical activity while on the ice or in the hall/gym). Guests unable to wear an approved mask that do not have a medical exemption will not be admitted to KWCC/KB.
Proof of Vaccine Requirement: Effective September 3, 2021, new Manitoba Public Health orders require all individuals 18 years of age or older to be fully vaccinated in order to enter KWCC / Keith Bodley Arena.
The province’s vaccination requirement currently does not include individuals between the ages of 12-17 related to youth sports. Starting September 3, 2021 all individuals must check-in when entering the facility.
This vaccination requirement applies to all parents, coaches, referees, officials, instructors, and spectators 18 years of age or older with no exceptions. Individuals will be required to show proof of full immunization (2 doses of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine received at least 2 weeks prior to the date of visit to KWCC/KB) and photo ID to enter KWCC/KB, effective September 3, 2021. Government-issued photo ID and the following documents are considered proof of immunization in Manitoba:
- Manitoba Immunization Card or QR code (more details from Manitoba Health found HERE);
- National Defense Canada COVID-19 Vaccine Card/Record;
- Canada Public Health Association (CPHA) Travel Vaccination Record;
- An official document issued within a Canadian province or territory containing information of a person’s COVID-19 vaccination history; or
- International travelers immunization documentation submitted to Canadian border service officials and government-issued photo identification that confirms citizenship.
KWCC/KB volunteers and employees do not have any access to your medical records and will be unable to resolve any errors or disputes.
Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a fully immunized caregiver who is 18 years of age or older. Participants under the age of 18 who cannot be accompanied by a parent or guardian will be the responsibility of their individual coach, team manager or instructor while in the facility.
Arrival Time & Capacity Limitations:
- Participants, coaches, referees, officials, instructors, and spectators will not be able to enter KWCC/KB until thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of their scheduled event and are asked to vacate the premises twenty (20) minutes after the scheduled event has concluded.
- Limit of two (2) spectators per participant in the arena to help us meet all provincial guidelines.
(50% capacity limits apply to Mulvenna Hall (Gym), Boardroom and Mezzanine, more info HERE for those specific capacity limits)
- Please do not congregate in the common areas, the lobby or by the entrances and exits.
- To eliminate congestion, proceed directly to the parking lot and your vehicle to wait for your child to exit
(unless they require special assistance).
- When entering KWCC/KB, please continue to exercise social distancing of 2 meters whenever possible and proceed directly to the designated location in the building that applies to you.
General info related to this update:
- Participants can use the washrooms located in their assigned dressing rooms (including showers).
- Water/drink fountains remain out of service throughout the facility.
- There is a zero-tolerance policy regarding spitting in effect at all times.
- KWCC/KB staff will continue to sanitize the high traffic and high touch areas of the building.
- Please do not enter KWCC/KB if you are experiencing any Covid-19 related symptoms.
Thank you for your cooperation.