Title: Casual / Part-Time - Arena Operator - Click HERE to view on Indeed
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Role and Responsibilities:
- Peruses arena and community centre for unsafe conditions, reports and / or rectifies irregularities, and retrieves misplaced materials as part of the attendant’s responsibility for safety in a public building.
- Inspects and maintains the arena and community centre by identifying and recording all deficiencies / damages and repair information to enable prompt repairs to be initiated and the carrying out of maintenance of same where directed (reported to the Operations Supervisor)
- In the course of carrying out daily tasks, practices established safety rules and regulations for the protection of self, fellow employees, the public, property and equipment operated by being continually aware of existing and new safety procedures and concerns of the Centre and relevant Workplace Safety and Health.
- Keeps informed of shut down and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Operates various types of tools as may be required and prior to operating them, provides normal maintenance.
- Maintains good relations with all community members as the face and the first contact of the Community Center. Responds to customer service requests by determining the nature of the concern and advising / carrying out appropriate corrective action to ensure that services are provided to the Centre’s standards.
- Completes reports or records as required expediently to ensure that the services are completed thoroughly and logs are maintained.
- Maintains ice resurfacer, tractors, implements and arena / community centre inventory by checking quantity and condition of supplies and replacing where necessary to ensure their continual and safe availability.
- Performs related duties consistent with the classification, works various shifts as required.
- Able to lift and install 33 lb propane cylinder on to ice resurfacer (50 lb total)
- Perform janitorial duties including sweeping, mopping, disinfecting, sanitizer fogging, emptying and removing garbage / recycling, and the safe operation of walk behind floor machines. Check all washrooms, showers, changing rooms, spectator seating and public areas, (gym and boardroom when used) on a regular basis.
- Assigns and maintains dressing rooms.
- Shovel snow / sand entrances to provide safe egress for staff and patrons on a timely basis
- Operate tractor / snow blower to clear snow from walkways, parking lot and outdoor rink.
- Enforces the Community Centre’s rules.
- Performs daily operations as listed out by the operations supervisor and the employer.
- Ensures daily, evening and weekly duties are completed each shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Manitoba Department of Labour and the Winnipeg Fire Commissioner’s Office Refrigeration License (Class “W”) or Equivalent is required (proof of renewal annually required).
- Must have a valid class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License and provide proof of renewal annually.
- Must be able to be certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Good Communication Skills
- A Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check are required.
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Please send resumes to HR@kwcc.email